Saturday, October 15, 2005

God is perfect!

Our friend Summer who is in JB's class at Mayo sent me this PowerPoint presentation this week. The message was so powerful and so reminded me how much God is in control that I just had to share it.
What is the shortest chapter in the Bible?
Psalm 117
What is the longest chapter in the Bible?
Psalm 119
What chapter is in the center of the Bible?
Psalm 118
There are 594 chapters before Psalm 118.
There are 594 chapters after Psalm 118.
Add these numbers up and you get 1188.
What is the center verse in the Bible?
Psalm 118:8
Does this verse say something significant about God’s perfect will for our lives?
The next time someone says that they want to find God’s perfect will for their lives, and they want to be in the center of his will, send them to the center of the Bible
Psalm 118:8: "It is better to put trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.”
I just really needed to be reminded of that this week. I have been really struggling with some anxiety issues over the last two weeks. There have just been 7 or 8 different things going on in my life and all of these combined pushed me over the edge. I actually woke up in the middle of the night this week unable to calm myself down! However, I have been reminded in so many different ways how in control God is. Including:
  • I got good news at my job at the RLS Foundation -- they are going to let me adjust my hours. They have to finalize some things, but agree that this is a good idea. It well help me from making a difficult decision (choosing between both jobs) and it will also give me some quiet time at home to write which I have been lacking. Basically what I am going to do is work 8 hours a week at RLS and 24 hours a week at Mayo. I will then have one other day to use as I need it -- maybe some time from home at RLS, maybe going into Mayo or going into RLS, or maybe some time to work on my 2 freelance jobs. This was an answer to prayer.
  • Both JB and I have total peace about our infertility appointment on November 29th. For so long, we have both been at different points in the journey. Either I was ready to do IVF and he wasn't or vice versa. Now, when it's time to go in, we are both ready to move forward. This is exciting. The Lord is also making a way that we can pay for this in a fairly easy fashion.
  • My hope has always been to be a stay-at-home writer. This is seeming to closer and closer to reality. I am very excited about this opportunity.
  • We have been so blessed by all the family and friends that have been by to visit us over the last two months. In addition, we are going to be making 2 trips to Chicago in November, spend a week in DC with my job, and get to spend 2 weeks in Florida -- my longest vacation home at Christmas ever.
  • I slept until 9 a.m. this morning. I so needed this.
  • This morning, JB and I walked to the Farmer's Market. It was such a beautiful fall day. God is so creative and has blessed me so much with my wonderful husband. We had a great time.
Well, I need to get some laundry put away and get read for the arrival of Mom and Dad Kit. early tomorrow morning.

No comments: