Friday, October 07, 2005

1st IVF Appointment

Well I spoke with the nurse today, and she gave me the first available appointment with my new reproductive endocrinologist, Dr. Cottington for November 29th at 8:45 a.m.

She said that he would like to meet with me before I get started in IVF as the metformin has changed my story slightly.

We spoke with the woman in charge of financing IVF and we came up with a good payment plan that we can afford. We also have the option to take out a student loan to pay for this as well. While we can think of a lot of things to spend $10,000 on, we can't really think of anything better than a child/ren. I remember my cousin Jason telling me, "Well, if you don't spend it on that, you'll find something else to spend it on." A few other friends reminded me, "What is money to God?"

We are excited about what the new year has in store for us. Please continue to pray for us in the next two months. It is still our heart's desire to avoid IVF, however, we have complete peace and are continuing to take this journey one day at a time. If you could add the Kits. to your daily prayer list, we would really appreciate it. Wisdom, emotional strength, and a successful result are our biggest prayers! Our first 7 procedures took a toll on us emotionally, and we feel like during the last year we have really had a chance to heal. I really need prayer that I handle this next adventure wtih a little more faith and comfort.

P.S. On a side note, John, Ray, Gabbi, and Grace went to the zoo, while I (John's 'sugar momma' as Grace now calls him) was at work. If I can snag some pictures from Ray, I will put them on the site.

1 comment:

CW said...

Will be praying for you