My husband deals with a lot of people coming into the ER with anxiety-related issues. They think they are dying or having a heart attack, but he can instantly spot anxiety.
He would explain to me (and them) that you are either in FIGHT OR FLIGHT .... or you are in REST AND RELAX.
Until this "thing" happened to me. I basically got STUCK in the hypervigilant middle. I could NOT turn off the panic system. John watched it and realized ....
There is a third category.
No one seemed to understand what I was explaining to them. I couldn't turn my system off. I was in a constant state of alarm. I lost 65 pounds.
But I am now on my way back! Praise the Lord he provided me with the support and tools to get back into rest and relax.
If this is you, you do NOT NOT NOT have to live here. Yes, prayer and trusting God can help, but in my case, I needed some outside resources to heal my nervous system.
Please don't give up and think this is just who you are now. This is NOT a way to live.

No comments:
Post a Comment