It wasn't stitches but it was skin glue. Hannah. Cut her finger on the clothespin container. It was a glass jar. It broke. I was out of the house. Kids were building a fort, and Hannah reached into the container and cut her finger pretty good on the broken glass jar.
Lots of shoulda, woulda and coulda in that little scenario. So much of life is like that. Little things that happen that you don't think are a big deal. Shoulda tossed the jar right away.
But even worse than the cut was that Hannah almost passed out. This was actually encouraging to me, however, because a few months before COVID, Hannah did pass out. We weren't sure why, and I took her to the ER and had some tests run. She was totally fine, and when I told John she had cut her finger about two minutes before the pass out, he said it was probably a "vasovagal" response.
Vasovagal syncope is a condition that leads to fainting in some people. It is also called neurocardiogenic syncope or reflex syncope. It's the most common cause of fainting. It's usually not harmful nor a sign of a more serious problem. Many nerves connect with your heart and blood vessels.
This time Hannah recognized the sensation and said to me: "I feel that funny way I did last time when I fainted." So I had her lay down and put her feet up. Her face was literally as white as a sheet. John was out working on the farm, came in, did some quick skin glue and was back at it.
Time to update my "house call" page for John. These are all the people he has to to stitch or "fix up" since we moved to the farm. I'm gonna start updating it with all the little old people that live around us coming to the far for different ailments.
Today, Mr. Billy's wife, Gay, drove up to ask John about the shingles Billy is still battling. (John diagnosed it about a week ago.) As she was leaving with the cream John gave him, she backed down our driveway and straight over our flowerbeds.
Post a Comment