Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Covid Doubters

I received a message from a friend yesterday. She apologized for being a "COVID doubter"  before it hit her with a death and then her own parent getting VERY ill with it. Now that she is seeing it first-hand, she realizes what John Kitsteiner and I have been saying since this all began. I told her how that helps me feel I am doing the right thing ... to keep trying to educate. I love this lady and she is very special to me! But her comment also makes me wonder: Does educating help? Will doubters only be doubters? Isn't John watching this up close and personal PROOF ENOUGH?

As I spoke to my husband about my friend's insight, I told him it feels like we have witnessed the horrors of a tornado. We see how bad it is and can be, and we have run to tell our community of the impending danger.
While some of the community members hear us and listen, some say: "I don't think it is really a tornado. I think it is just a bad storm and you guys are overreacting."
And my husband, who was right smack in the middle of the tornado says to them: "No. Seriously. It's a tornado. And it is headed our way."
Can you imagine how it would feel if you have been in the middle of a tornado -- you are seeing the destruction and dead bodies and you have had to tell family members that their loved one has died and you are watching people die alone -- and then someone turns to you and says: "You are blowing this out of proportion? It isn't as big of a deal as you are making it out to be." Can you fathom how that must make John feel? How it makes me feel just being his partner in life. I honestly don't know how he doesn't rip into people. How does he stay so calm?!
John once said to me (and I summarize): "No one would ask someone coming home from a war to PROVE how tragic it was. But I feel I have to tell stories and replay grim images to get people to understand this. They want proof. Isn't my word proof enough?!"
Some people heed the warning. Some don't. Many continue to say it is just a bad storm. Then, the tornado passes over them. If it is bad, they say what my friend said: "You were right. I didn't listen." But if the tornado doesn't hit their house directly or hit it hard, they say: "See. I told you. It's not a tornado."
Just because the tornado skirts by you doesn't mean there wasn't a tornado!! To say a tornado isn't real because it didn't hit your town hard doesn't change the fact that it exists.
John has never said: "This tornado WILL kill you." Instead he has said: "There is a tornado coming and it COULD hurt you or hurt someone you love. Be prepared."
The fact is, COVID is a tornado. And not everyone in the path of a tornado dies. Some houses are missed completely! But if you still think it is just a bad storm, you are directly saying my husband is not a truthful man. It is also likely the tornado hasn't touched you personally. I don't know a single person who has lost a parent or grandparent or father or sister who is saying: "This was just a bad storm." They are shouting with us. TORNADO! BE READY!
No matter how COVID started or what the higher-ups in our country's government or the world government have chosen to do or not do does not matter at this point. What matters is that there is a TORNADO. It is NOT a bad storm. It is a TORNADO. It COULD be heading your way. It COULD pass right by you. It COULD come right over you.
This post is not about instilling FEAR. It is about instilling TRUTH and using that TRUTH to be WISE.

No comments: