Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Really enjoying tennis!

I've been very excited to find the Greene County Tennis Club. It's a great community and Tusculum University's tennis team plays a big part in it. This last week they had a special event where adults could come and play tennis with a doubles partner who is on the college team. Our wwoofer, Tymen, came with. We are both in the picture below (as is Hannah and Abigail but we are hard to find -- look to the far right.)


Anyways, here's what I learned during this outing. I STINK at tennis. Like, literally, am horrible. As I tried to play, I realized what people must have been feeling playing basketball and volleyball with me all these years. They were encouraging me and giving me "five" and all the while they were thinking: "Man does this girl suck!" Seriously, I was horrid. Absolutely terrible. But it was fun. And while I was playing the three oldest kids did a tennis clinic. Well, Abigail did half of it. She got intimidated by all the boys and the absence of Mom and bowed out halfway through:


Afterwards, they gave away rackets to 12 lucky winners. And ALL FOUR of my kiddos won. Crazy! Here's a photo of the winners (minus Hannah who has all of a sudden gotten shy!)


I'm very excited about my kids playing tennis. What I love is that it can really be a family sport -- we can all get out and play together. In addition, all the kids can play in one hour instead of multiple practices at multiple times. Coach Adam is AMAZING and they don't have to compete until they are ready!

No comments: