Saturday, September 16, 2023

To be ...

Being a Mom is 

B

U

S

Y

!

Add to that homeschooling, and I feel like I truly canNOT keep up.

Add to that farming. Homesteading. 

You want a 

S

L

O

W

life. 

But how do you obtain slowness?

Why is it so hard to just

B

E

?

These are things I think about daily. 

Why can't life be simpler? We are a family striving for simplicity, and yet, it isn't simple. 

Our garden this year? We didn't keep up on it. Without a Wwwoofer here, we just couldn't do it? Is it possible? Is it truly possible to obtain simplicity in this world that we live in? 

I'm not sure. 

I think of ten years from now. Kids will be gone. But will it be slower? And will I be capable of doing all the things I want to do when I am 56. 

If the kids were in school, would I have more time?

Or would that time be filled up with other things?

I am so thankful for rural life. Farming. Nature. 96-acres. Peace. Noise-free life. 

When we were in D.C., for just that one night, Sidge hated the city. So did Gabe. Sidge honestly thought he might be snipered through the window. It's funny that he's more worried about guns in the city than he is in the country where there are bullet sounds frequently from hunters in the area. He wasn't used to the cramp feeling. The three story, narrow-house literally made him feel like he was suffocated. 

So I know where we are supposed to be.

But I wish that being could be more ... 

No comments: