Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Broken heart & Sin

Sin in this world is so ...

Sinful.

The truth is: I don't see this SIN that much. I see "basic" sin. Of course, Jesus doesn't categorize it that way. 

But I am a human. And I do.

People harming children makes me want to SCREAM. How can Jesus watch this? How can he know it happens? How can we not lose our minds over this?

And yet, it isn't that simple. I know that. Even if you want to help, you cannot always, actually help. Because trauma that has been inflicted on a child is BIG. And the consequences and ramifications of that sin is BIG and you have your own family that can be affected by the trauma inflicted on that child. 

We have had a young girl in our lives who was harmed by sin. By adults that should know better. We've tried to help. Maybe we have. But maybe we haven't. Watching that sin and what it does just tears me to SHREDS. How do my children get to be born into a home where they have loving parents and no trauma .... and someone else, seemingly because of bad luck, is born into a home where abuse occurs?

And because of that abuse, the trauma spreads. And it eeeeks out of them. And more sin occurs? Through seemingly no fault of that child.

How does a mother with ELEVEN children that are "in the system" keep getting pregnant and having MORE children when she cannot take care of the children she has? How does this keep happening and we must simply foot the bill for this? And even worse, there aren't enough homes to care for these children AS IT IS. 

I am angry. I hate sin. I just hate it. My heart has broken this past week.

No comments: