Sunday, April 25, 2021

Quick trip to Nashville

This weekend, I quickly put-together a last minute trip. My friend, Kelsey, who stretches back our days at the Mayo Clinic beginning in 2003, was going to be in the area. My mother-in-law, wanted to see my niece Grace for her prom. So she and I popped in the car for a whirlwind of hugs and hello's!

One of my dearest friends, Kelsey -- a fellow blonde, six footer who also played college basketball (for Notre Dame!)

My niece before she put on her dress.

 

In her dress. How lovely!

Kelsey is a fellow Wingpsan lover. We played five games and I squeaked out a 3-2 victory winning the last game by just 1 point!

I also got to see two other women very dear to my heart: my cousin Josh's wife, Sarah, and my college teammate, Shea. I did not get a picture with them, but I was able to spend some short but sweet time loving and being loved by both of them. 

Sarah lost her Dad to a three-week whirlwind of pancreatic cancer in September. Shea recently lost her Mama -- her best friend -- to a cancer they thought she had beaten. It was so emotional to get to be with them, but also to sit with them in their thick bout of grief. 

It makes me thankful for the grief others have sat through with me, and even two very grief-filled roads I traveled with Kelsey in the last fifteen years.

Life is NOT easy. There is great sadness. There is hard things. There are moments when you truly feel like your life is not able to be lived ... but JOY COMES IN THE MORNING!

Please pray for my friend Shea if you are reading this today. Many of you sent her a card during her grief, but please don't forget her. Her heart is so, so wounded and in pain right now, and she needs the Lord to help guide her through this grief.

1 comment:

TAV said...

Cool! What's Kelsey up to these days and where is she living? We lost touch I think when she left CO.