Monday, October 24, 2011

Nearly Me

I must say that truly ... I am almost nearly back to the old me. It is a wonderful feeling to feel like yourself. To not feel like every action is a strain. To not avoid social situations. To not feel fatigued constantly. To enjoy moments. To laugh easily. To not cry constantly.

I credit how I am feeling with three things: prayer and encouragement / medication / counseling. I pray that anyone thinking they may be struggling with depression -- either post-partum or not, get help right away. If you don't want to use medication, you can try other avenues. Don't be afraid to tell people how you are feeling. Don't be afraid to seek help. Don't suffer alone.

I have faced slight bits of depression in my past but nothing as debilitating at those weeks/months following Abigail's birth. Thank you for supporting me and loving me through this. I think I am nearly me.

5 comments:

Joy Z said...

Wonderful news, my friend! Love you!

Faith said...

So great to hear:)!

Emily said...

What a joyous post! Thanks for keeping us updated. :)

TAV said...

So glad, Wendi!

Anonymous said...

oh that is so great.

love SuzanneinAustralia