Friday, April 01, 2022

Moving a Car from Portland: Day 2

In some ways, I wish I was with them on this trip. But in other ways, I know that us not being there means more freedom for these three birders to bird unencumbered. I'm also having SUCH an amazing time spoiling just two of my kiddos -- and now, with Isaac on a youth retreat, enjoying JUST my little Hannah. (Yes, I introduced her to both Ben and Jerry!)

Here are some pictures JB sent me during the day:











And here is some stuff JB shared on Facebook. They will leave in the morning to begin the long drive from Portland back to TN.

Cannon Beach, Oregon
We were incredibly fortunate to arrive at Haystack Rock on the first day that the Tufted Puffins returned to land for nesting after spending the whole Winter out at sea in the North Pacific!
Lots of new birds for us today…
Tufted Puffin
Harlequin Duck
Surf Scoter
Black Oystercatcher
Pelagic Cormorant
Western Gull
Pacific Wren
Varied Thrush
American Dipper
As well as some great looks at other uncommon birds for us in East Tennessee.

Here is a link to JB's Facebook post sharing the details from the day:

No comments: