Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Homeschooling: LOVE OUR CO-OP

I know I rave often about our homeschooling co-op but that is because it brings my heart SO MUCH JOY. These mothers and fathers are simply outstanding human beings who I trust with my children whole-heartedly.

We are there for 10 weeks in the fall and 10 weeks in the spring. It is every Monday from 9am-2pm.

They also take some really good pictures. Here are a few shots that Audrea took of Hannah last week in her pre-k time on the playground:




This week, the fire department visited Hannah's class. Here are some photos of their time learning about this important topic:


My Hannah sitting next to her friend Hazel. Hannah is in black and Hazel is in red.




Isaac is taking geography, PE, mechanics, and lego robotics. Here he is with his mechanics class and their airplanes. This class is actually taught by one of our mom's dad. I love all the guys teaching my kids!


There are also sooooo many field trips offered. More than we could ever actually do. Last week we went to Bays Mountain where we did a boat ride, learned about wolves, sat in for a planetarium show, and learned about snakes:



I teach a PE first hour and second hour, have an hour break, do lunch, and then we take one more class. I aide in a class called "Nature Time." Abigail is a little young for the class, but she is doing great in it. Today we had one of the teachers share about her bee keeping. It was a fascinating class:



When I moved here, I genuinely worried about how I could find community. My church and our homeschool group as well as our ballet group has provided that for me. Our homeschool group is so wonderful. There are about 200 people there every Monday, and there are so many families on a waiting list to get in. Just a truly stellar group of individuals.


No comments: