Thursday, April 26, 2007

Quick Hello

We are at a backpackers near Lesotho. It costs money for the Internet so I won't be on long. However, I did want to pop in and say hello.

I did want to end the "drama" and tell you that JB DID bungee jump. I did the firefox (a sort of cable across) but did NOT bungee jump. Nor did I have ANY inkling or desire TO jump. I won't reveal the other jumpers yet. I'll let Tara post first. But there's half the answer. It was AMAZING. JB was not planning on jumping. But then we got to the top, two other people decided to go, and he just couldn't pass up the opportunity to bungee from the highest place IN THE WORLD!

In other news, this trip has been AMAZING. We have been staying at some wonderful bed and breakfasts and just enjoying this beautiful country. Food and lodging is much cheaper than the US. I have so many pictures to share but no way to actually post them. Just trust me when I say that this has been the trip of a lifetime -- four weeks in Nigeria and now two whole weeks traveling across South Africa. We have three more nights before we reach Kruger National Park for our five days of Safari.

Hopefully you'll hear from me again. We are all doing great!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are having the time of your life!! How I wish I could be there...
Tell JB I am SURE I would have done some damage to the car as well. Driving on the right (wrong) side of the road is unbelievably difficult! I almost had a COLLISION at an intersection in my first 50 yards of driving in Australia - no joke! Needless to say, I didn't drive again. I can't wait to see all the photos and hear all of the stories. We must plan a Team Nigeria reunion when you guys get back. That way you won't have to show the photos and tell the same stories 700 times. Although, when I think about it, you all probably wouldn't mind doing that, would you?
Love, hugs and kisses from the Roch!

cape town tours said...

Very exciting read. wish there were more