Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Yay Bethany!

My Dear online and then in-person friend from Minnesota, Bethany is the winner of the 80,000th visitor! Congrats Bethany. You win ... um ... my congratulations! Anyways, Bethany was someone I met on my online support group. She is the mother of adorable twin boys via embryo adoption. We then realized we lived just a half hour apart. So she started joining our church's support group. When I wrote an article for Rochester Women magazine on infertility, the article featured Bethany's story of her life with her two boys. I should dig that up and include it on our blog. It is "adoption awareness" month and your's is one of the most precious adoptions ever Bethany! Awesome.

I'm off to the dentist today to deal with more teeth issues. My crowns are still giving me problems. I do not want to have a root canal but am worried it is leaning in that direction. I had to find a new dentist who takes military insurance. So hopefully I will like this one.

John has also informed me that I have to go in tomorrow and get an x-ray on my foot. I have done something to my big toe and into my foot. He thinks it may be a stress fracture of some sort. It does not hurt when I walk, but when the toe is pushed downward, I am thrown into a fit of pain. Actually, John finally said I had to go in yesterday when I was playing with Scrubs, he landed on my foot fairly simply, and I fell to the ground in tears. It doesn't hurt all the time, but it hurts enough when hit to make me sick to my stomach. So much for not going to the doctor for at least a year!

On Monday we had a guest at our house: the census man. Apparently, we have failed to send back two census reports. I didn't realize, since it isn't a census year, that these had to be returned, so here comes this man asking me why I haven't sent it back. I had no excuse so when he said he could sit down with me for twenty minutes to get the questions answered, I agreed. He was a nice guy. I apologized profusely for not turning in my paperwork, but he told me he was glad I didn't because otherwise he wouldn't have a job! I felt better than.

I also took Scrubs to the dog park on Monday. He came back a greyhound. Seriously, the dog just rolled in the dirt with the other puppy that was there for an entire hour. They say you should only bathe your dog once a year. We are having to bathe this dog twice a month AT LEAST. He loves to play in the dirt!

Congrats again Bethany!

P.S. Our weather is currently opposite of Minnesota. 42 here. 24 there. I'd rather be here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love the countdown to the May Baby! How exciting!! Woohoo! =0)

AW said...

Bathe a dog once a year? You've got to be kidding?! Both of my dogs get it AT LEAST once a month!

yuan family said...

I would rather be there too! It has gotten so cold in the past couple of days. I like your baby counter on your blog! How exciting!