Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My sweetie pie

My darling husband JB sent me this today. I love this quote! so he put our pic on it and sent it to me. What a sweetheart.

We took Hans & Rachel to the airport today. What a wonderful visit and time we had with them. They really enjoyed the weather and also the ability to go for a run each morning. JB started his ED (Emergency Department) rotation yesterday so he has to work from 2pm-10pm. Hans took over and manned the grill. We had steaks and potatoes and broccoli and carrots and applesauce. It was wonderful! When John got home around 10:15, he ate his grilled food.

JB actually got a whole lot of steaks. He was in the commisary when an announcement about a sale came on the speaker. He just happened to be standing right in front of the meat department where they started unleashing steaks for $1.50 a pound. John grabbed about 20 of them before he was flogged by a whole slew of vets intent on beating everyone else to the meat. He got out without injury thank goodness!

Anyways, the next time I will see Hans and Rachel, they will be getting married. We plan to visit Rochester in June for their wedding and can't wait to see them get married. How fun.

Rachel was bummed that she wasn't here tomorrow when we find out the sex of our May baby. I promised to email her. I haven't decided when I'll put it on the blog yet. I think I want to make Tara wait for a bit just because it is fun to picture her arms crossed, eyes rolled, and fingers furiously typing away on the computer telling me how wrrrronggg that is. Although it would be fun for her to find out on HER birthday!!! (Which is tomorrow everyone!)

Anyways ... off to do more work. So excited to see my folks and brother and his wife tomorrow. I can't wait. JB got Thursday, Friday, and Saturday off!!!! Yipeeee!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you should change the color of your blog to light blue or pink for a day in honour the big announcement

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

You know, I don't think I can. There isn't a choice of that template AND, if I do that, it changes all my colors permanently.

However, I could type in pink or blue I think. :)

TAV said...

that is the sweetest card. you BETTER reveal! :)

Rachel and Hans said...

we're back in MN, wendi! definitely NOT sunny and 75, although 40 degrees wasn't too shabby for November 20th.

miss you already - what a great weekend! you and john are the BEST!!!

can't wait until tomorrow!

AW said...

Wendi, I can't wait to see what you have to share tomorrow! VERY excited!

Enjoy your time off with your sweetheart. It's hard to come by in the W household as well, so we understand how precious that is!

Amy T. S. said...

Ooh, you STINKER! In the words of my pal Tiff,
"Oh, no, you better don't!"

Aw, heck. I can wait. Anxious to hear, though.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that card. JB is such a sweetie! We'll see you tonight! Can you believe it!? Too bad nobody can know the sex of the baby until tomorrow since you have to wait to tell us until we get there tonight!! Loveyous!